Social Capital Suvretta I (NASDAQ:DNAA) announced in an 8-K this afternoon that its shareholders have approved its combination with digital medicine company Akili Interactive at a special meeting held yesterday.
Approximately 99.09% of DNAA shareholders opted to redeem their shares, leaving just 227,252 shares left in the SPAC’s trust. This marks the 4th highest redemption amount throughout 2022 thus far trailing behind Agrico, CC Neuberger Principal Holdings II, and ITHAX, which saw redemptions of 99.8%, 99.4% and 99.4%, respectively.
Akili was able to raise more than $163 million from the transaction, before deducting transaction expenses and advisory fees, which, together with cash on hand, the company expects will be sufficient to fund at least 24 months of business operations. Proceeds from the deal will be used to fund the commercial launch of EndeavorRx, a prescription digital therapeutic for pediatric ADHD, as well as its expansion into further patient populations.
Social Capital Suvretta I backed the deal with a $162 million PIPE at $10 per share. Social Capital put up $100 million of the PIPE with the remaining $62 million split among Suvretta Capital’s Averill strategy, Apeiron Investment Group, Temasek, PureTech Health, Polaris Partners, Evidity Health Capital, JAZZ Venture Partners, and Omidyar Technology Ventures.
The newly formed company, Akili, Inc., is now expected to start trading on The Nasdaq under the new ticker symbol “AKLI” on August 22, 2022.
The SPAC announced the $1 billion deal with Akili earlier this year on January 26, 2022. Boston-based Akili is developing a range of video games designed to serve as digital therapeutics for patients suffering from ADHD, autism, multiple sclerosis and other cognitive ailments.
- Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC and Cowen and Company, LLC are serving as financial advisors to Akili.
- Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse, and Cowen are serving as co-placement agents to SCS with respect to the portion of the PIPE financing raised from non-insider qualified institutional buyers and institutional accredited investors.
- Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse, and Cowen are not acting as agents or participating in any role with respect to, and will not earn any fees from, the portion of the PIPE financing raised from insiders and individual investors.
- Credit Suisse and Cowen are serving as capital markets advisors to Akili.
- BofA Securities, Inc. is acting as capital markets advisor to SCS.
- Goodwin Procter LLP is serving as legal counsel to Akili.
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz is serving as legal counsel to SCS.
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP is serving as legal advisor to the PIPE placement agents.
SK Growth (NASDAQ:SKGR) has entered into a definitive agreement to combine with digital investment platform Webull at an enterprise value of $7.3 billion. New York-based Webull provides an equities trading and education platform to about 20 million cumulative users. The combined company is expected to trade on the Nasdaq once the deal is completed in...
News and Rumors PR: Hillsinai Learning, which serves about 500,000 students across 40 schools and 5,000 partner schools, has hired iLearningEngines to build its AI learning automation platform. iLearningEngines has a pending combination with Arrowroot (NASDAQ:ARRW). SpaceNews: Virgin Galactic (NYSE:SPCE) does not expect any delays on its Galactic 07 mission to take passengers into space...
Aetherium Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ:GMFI) has entered into a definitive agreement to combine with Capital A (KL:5099), the parent company of the AirAsia airline at an estimated transaction value of $1.15 billion. Kuala Lumpur-based Capital A owns the AirAsia regional airline as well as subsidiaries in logistics, payments and loyalty. Transaction Overview Aetherium has an estimated...
At the SPAC of Dawn NVIDIA’s (NASDAQ:NVDA) market cap is about 10% of the entire Nasdaq, so the notion that its own rise would float many boats is something of a given. But, it has also been specifically instrumental in the recent gains by a number of de-SPACs in the AI technology space. Soundhound (NASDAQ:SOUN)...
News and Rumors MarketWatch: Benchmark analyst Josh Sullivan said he believes the Moon landing by Inflection Point‘s Intuitive Machines (NASDAQ:LUNR) will be a catalyst for more investment in the commercial space industry, which has been cash-strapped in recent years. PR: Securities and crypto trading platform Coincheck, which has a pending combination with Thunder Bridge IV,...