The SPAC disclosed that holders of approximately 32% of FLAC Class A ordinary shares exercised their right to redeem their shares for cash, significantly lower than the average redemption rate for completed deals this year at 83.99%.
Additionally, more than 90% of the votes cast at today’s meeting were cast in favor of the business combination. FLAC shareholders also voted to approve all other proposals.
FLAC now expects to close the deal on November 22, subject to the satisfaction or waiver of customary closing conditions. Upon closing, the ordinary shares and redeemable warrants of the combined company, NewAmsterdam Pharma Company, will be listed on The Nasdaq under the ticker symbols “NAMS” and “NAMSW” respectively, and are anticipated to begin trading on November 23.
The parties initially announced their $326 million combination on July 25, 2022. Netherlands-based NewAmsterdam is developing a range of drugs aimed at reducing patient cholesterol levels suffering from liver, heart and brain disorders.
- Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC is acting as lead PIPE placement agent, financial advisor, and capital markets advisor to FLAC.
- Jefferies LLC is also acting as PIPE placement agents to FLAC and is acting as financial advisor and capital markets advisor to FLAC.
- SVB Securities LLC is also acting as PIPE placement agents to FLAC and is acting as financial advisor and capital markets advisor to the Company.
- William Blair & Company, L.L.C. is also acting as PIPE placement agents to FLAC and is acting as financial advisor and capital markets advisor to FLAC.
- Moelis & Co. is also acting as financial advisor to the Company.
- Covington & Burling LLP is acting as legal counsel to the Company.
- Goodwin Procter LLP is acting as legal counsel to FLAC.
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP is acting as legal counsel to the PIPE placement agents.
Below is a daily summary of links to the latest SPAC news and rumors gathered across the web. Latest SPAC Liquidations: Sierra Lake, Z-Work, Lerer Hippeau, and Climate Real Impact Solutions II Sierra Lake Acquisition Corp. Shareholders Approve Liquidation Sierra Lake Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: SIER) announced today that due to its inability to...
Parsec Capital (NASDAQ:PCX) announced in an 8-K this morning that it has begun the process of liquidating its trust account, but the filing also curiously notes that the team is trying to carry on with its announced combination with Enteractive Media. The announcement matches what the SPAC said in its 10-Q filed November 18, that...
Below is a daily summary of links to the latest SPAC news and rumors gathered across the web. Latest SPAC News: Palihapitiya blames Fed for crushing the blank-check bubble, and Hong Kong is set to regain top-three IPO ranking in 2022 SPAC king Chamath Palihapitiya says the Fed crushed the bubble in blank-check firms...
PHP Ventures Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: PPHP) has entered into a definitive agreement to combine with ConstrucTech company Modulex Modular Buildings Plc (“Modulex”) at a valuation of $600 million. UK-based Modulex manufactures 3D volumetric steel modular buildings and harnesses emerging technologies to meet housing and infrastructure needs. The combined company is expected to trade on the...
7GC & Co. (NASDAQ:VII) has entered into a definitive agreement to combine with video engagement platform Banzai at an enterprise value of $380 million, or 17.3x its revenue in the 12 months ending in September 2022. Bainbridge Island, Washington-based Banzai provides a suite of virtual event management and analytical tools through a software-as-a-surface (SaaS) model....