Acquiring at an Enterprise Value of INR 14.5 billion (approximately US $212 million)
Constellation Alpha Capital Corp., a SPAC focused on the healthcare services sector in India, announced late Thursday evening that it has executed a definitive agreement to acquire Medall Healthcare Private Limited (“Medall”), a leading integrated pathology and radiology company located in India. Constellation Alpha is acquiring Medall at an enterprise value of INR 14.5 billion (approximately US $212 million based on an assumed USD/INR exchange rate of US $1.00 to INR 68.4).
Constellation is expected to be the only India-focused healthcare services company to be publicly listed outside of India.
Full details of the transaction have not yet been filed (only a press release), however, Constellation will host an investor conference call to discuss the transaction on August 3, 2018 at 1:00 p.m. EDT.
- Dial: 1-877-870-4263 toll free in the U.S. or 1-412-317-0790 internationally.
- A replay of the call will be available beginning August 6, 2018 on Constellation’s website at www.ConstellationAlpha.com/ir.
- Constellation Health Holdings (“Holdco”), a wholly owned Singapore subsidiary of Constellation, will acquire 93% of the outstanding shares of Medall at the closing for approximately US$166 million in cash (based on an assumed USD/INR exchange rate of US$1.00 to INR 68.4).
- The remainder of the outstanding shares of Medall to be acquired on June 30, 2019.
- The transaction will be funded by a combination of cash held in trust by Constellation and new indebtedness.
- Constellation will be renamed Constellation Healthcare Corp. and is anticipated to trade on the NASDAQ Capital Market under the ticker symbol “COHC”.
- The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2018.
- Constellation was advised on the transaction by Cowen and Company and Edelweiss Financial Services Limited
- Medall is advised by Moelis & Co.
- Greenberg Traurig, LLP and Khaitan and Co acted as legal counsel to Constellation
- Luthra & Luthra acted as legal counsel to Medall
Terms Tracker for the Week Ending November 24, 2023 Welcome to our weekly column where we discuss the findings from our IPO terms tracker based on the previous week’s pricings. This being the Thanksgiving holiday week, we are thankful for a lot of things, but mostly that 2023 is almost over. It’s been a rough...
At the SPAC of Dawn Though perhaps stuffed to the brim, SPAC activity continues this Thanksgiving Friday with votes by Clean Earth and Zalatoris to extend a deadline and amend trust contributions, respectively. At least seven de-SPACs are also reporting earnings today and will do so going into a futures market that is mostly green...
IB Acquisition Corp. submitted its S-1 filing Friday afternoon for a $100 million IPO, coming right on the heels of Bayview Acquisition Corp, which also filed its S-1 that day. IB is also similar to Bayview in that its units do not feature a warrant but include 1 right for 1/10. However, its trust is slightly...
Integrated Wellness (NYSE:WEL) announced in an 8-K filing that it agreed to transfer control of its sponsor to Sriram Associates, which will now take on the SPAC’s financial obligations and may appoint a new team. Sriram is acquiring 2,012,500 promote shares (70%) and 4,795,000 private placement warrants (70%) for the nominal purchase price of $1....
At the SPAC of Dawn So far, seven SPACs have announced their liquidations this week and although some others may choose to use the holiday to quietly disband, this tends to be a positive week for equities in general. Going back to 1961, the S&P 500 has ended the Thanksgiving week with gains three-quarters of...