The SPAC had already tipped on Tuesday that 99.5% of its shares were redeemed in connection with the vote. But, this will not interfere with its deal’s closing as the transaction includes $22.5 million in convertible debt, a $40 million committed equity facility and an FPA to purchase up to 3,000,000 shares.
The parties now expect to close the transaction later today, after which the combined company’s shares are expected to trade under the symbol “FOXO” beginning on September 16.
The parties announced their $297 million combination earlier this year on February 24. Minneapolis, Minnesota-based FOXO Technologies utilizes AI-driven bioinformatics and technologies to develop and commercialize epigenetic biomarkers of health and aging for the life insurance industry.
- Deutsche Bank Securities acted as exclusive financial advisor to FOXO.
- RBC Capital Markets acted as Exclusive Financial Advisor to Delwinds.
- RBC Capital Markets and Cantor Fitzgerald acted as Capital Markets Advisors to Delwinds.
- Houlihan Lokey provided additional financial advice to the Delwinds board of directors.
- Cohen & Company Capital Markets, a division of J.V.B. Financial Group, LLC acted as placement agents for the convertible debenture and redemption backstop.
- Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp and Stinson LLP acted as legal advisors to FOXO.
- Ellenoff, Grossman & Schole LLP acted as legal advisor to Delwinds while Lamson, Dugan and Murray LLP acted as insurance regulatory counsel to Delwinds.
- Proskauer Rose LLP is serving as legal advisor to Cohen & Company Capital Markets.
Terms Tracker for the Week Ending January 27, 2022 Welcome to our weekly column where we discuss the findings from our IPO terms tracker based on the previous week’s pricings. We’re coming up on the end of January, the first month of the year, and to-date no new S-1s have been filed. Additionally, the number...
Below is a daily summary of links to the latest SPAC news and rumors gathered across the web. Latest SPAC News: Circle spokesperson denies blaming SEC for failed deal, BuzzFeed CEO says AI-powered content will be part of core business, and FaZe Clan faces possible delisting Circle Spokesperson Denies Blaming SEC for Failed $9 Billion Deal...
Health Sciences 2 (NASDAQ:HSAQ) announced that it closed its combination with Orchestra BioMed on January 26. HSAQ ahead of its vote pre-announced redemption figures of 1,597,888 shares equating to 67.7% redemptions, however, that’s still subject to change. However, today it was noted that Orchestra BioMed is to receive $70 million in gross proceeds including $20...
Carbon capture technology has long been talked about, and it is finally in operation with LanzaTech among the pioneers. Its plants are turning potential emissions into clothing, household goods and sustainable fuels. SPAC cash is now also an accelerant in this new process as the company announced a $1.7 billion combination with AMCI II last March. This week, we caught up with...
In this series we’ll be examining successful SPAC deals from the past both in the terms and circumstances of their de-SPAC processes and how they have weathered the storms that have followed after their public listings with research from SPACInsider contributor Anthony Sozzi. Thirty months does not sound like that long, but it’s been a...