The SPAC disclosed that holders of approximately 32% of FLAC Class A ordinary shares exercised their right to redeem their shares for cash, significantly lower than the average redemption rate for completed deals this year at 83.99%.
Additionally, more than 90% of the votes cast at today’s meeting were cast in favor of the business combination. FLAC shareholders also voted to approve all other proposals.
FLAC now expects to close the deal on November 22, subject to the satisfaction or waiver of customary closing conditions. Upon closing, the ordinary shares and redeemable warrants of the combined company, NewAmsterdam Pharma Company, will be listed on The Nasdaq under the ticker symbols “NAMS” and “NAMSW” respectively, and are anticipated to begin trading on November 23.
The parties initially announced their $326 million combination on July 25, 2022. Netherlands-based NewAmsterdam is developing a range of drugs aimed at reducing patient cholesterol levels suffering from liver, heart and brain disorders.
- Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC is acting as lead PIPE placement agent, financial advisor, and capital markets advisor to FLAC.
- Jefferies LLC is also acting as PIPE placement agents to FLAC and is acting as financial advisor and capital markets advisor to FLAC.
- SVB Securities LLC is also acting as PIPE placement agents to FLAC and is acting as financial advisor and capital markets advisor to the Company.
- William Blair & Company, L.L.C. is also acting as PIPE placement agents to FLAC and is acting as financial advisor and capital markets advisor to FLAC.
- Moelis & Co. is also acting as financial advisor to the Company.
- Covington & Burling LLP is acting as legal counsel to the Company.
- Goodwin Procter LLP is acting as legal counsel to FLAC.
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP is acting as legal counsel to the PIPE placement agents.
Terms Tracker for the Week Ending December 2nd, 2022 Welcome to our weekly column where we discuss the findings from our IPO terms tracker based on the previous week’s pricings. As we slide into December, and the holiday season, we recognized two new S-1 registration statements and zero IPOs. The two new S-1s consisted of...
Below is a daily summary of links to the latest SPAC news and rumors gathered across the web. Latest SPAC Liquidations: NightDragon, VectoIQ II, and Fortistar Sustainable Solutions Corp. Night Dragon Acquisition Corp. Will Redeem Its Public Shares and Will Not Consummate an Initial Business Combination NightDragon Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: NDAC) anticipates that the last trading day...
Lakeshore Acquisition I Corp. (NASDAQ:LAAA) disclosed this afternoon that its shareholders have approved its business combination with medical device company ProSomnus during a special meeting held earlier today. Approximately 92.4% of the votes cast at the meeting on the business combination proposal, representing approximately 80.5% of Lakeshore’s outstanding shares, voted to approve the deal. The SPAC disclosed...
Below is a daily summary of links to the latest SPAC news and rumors gathered across the web. Latest SPAC News: Embark director Elaine Chao and others sued over SPAC merger, Alvotech switches CEO and takes COO from Teva, and Uber Freight and Aurora expand pilot Embark Director Elaine Chao, Others Sued Over SPAC...
SPACInsider contributors Anthony Sozzi and Sam Beattie this week compiled their three favorite potential SPAC targets among potential targets in the security industry. We look at why they are compelling and why each could be a fit for a blank-check merger. Security is on the market’s mind and is expected to grow at a CAGR...