Matlin & Partners and U.S. Well Services to Combine for a Total Enterprise Value of $588 Million
Matlin & Partners Acquisition Corp. (“MPAC”), announced this morning it has entered into a merger and contribution agreement with U.S. Well Services, LLC (“USWS”’), a technology-oriented oilfield service company focused exclusively on hydraulic fracturing services for the oil and gas industry. The transaction values USWS at 2.6x 2019 projected adjusted EBITDA, implying a discount of 32% to publicly traded peers.
Current cash held in trust is $327.2 million and MPAC is estimating cash at closing will be $329 with accrued interest. Read below for additional transaction details.
The conference call to discuss the proposed business combination is being held today, at 11:00 a.m. Eastern time Dial: (866) 610-1072 and refer to audience passcode 6498027.
A replay will be available until July 30th: dial (800) 585-8367 and reference audience passcode 6498027.
- Existing USWS equity owners receive rollover equity consideration equivalent to ~34% of the pro forma combined company
- Cash held in Trust – $329 million estimated at closing to repay USWS Term Loan and Revolving Credit Facility and fund fleet expansion
- $135 million PIPE at $10.00 per share to fund fleet expansion. Led by Crestview Partners.
- The MPAC Sponsors will surrender for cancellation (and for no consideration) 2,000,000 of MPAC’s Founders Shares. As a reminder, the Sponsors currently hold a total of 8,125,000 Founders Shares.
SPONSOR PRIVATE PLACEMENT WARRANTS
- The MPAC Sponsors will also be surrendering for cancellation (and for no consideration) 1,870,968 Private Placement Warrants that were purchased for $0.50 at the time of the IPO. (MPAC Sponsors currently hold 14,500,000 warrants)
- Cantor currently hold 1,000,000 Sponsor warrants and will also be cancelling 129,032 of them.
- MPAC was advised on the business combination by Cantor Fitzgerald & Co.
- Piper Jaffray & Co., through its Simmons & Company International division, acted as financial advisor.
- Bracewell LLP as legal counsel to MPAC.
- Winston & Strawn LLP acted as legal advisors to USWS.
- Vinson & Elkins L.L.P. acted as legal counsel to Crestview.
Mobiv Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ:MOBV) announced this afternoon that it has closed its combination with EV motorcycle-maker SRIVARU. Shareholders originally approved the deal at a special meeting held back on September 28, but at that time, the parties expected the transaction to take just a week to close. Redemptions whittled Mobiv’s IPO share pool of 10,005,000 down...
Achari Ventures I (NASDAQ:AVHI) has entered into a definitive agreement to combine with medtech firm Vaso Corporation at an equity value of $176 million, or 19.5x its 2022 adjusted EBITDA. Wuxi, China-based Vaso provides IT services and sales support to medical device manufacturers. The combined company is expected to trade on the Nasdaq under the...
EF Hutton Acquisition Corp. I (NASDAQ:EFHT) announced this morning that its shareholders have approved its business combination with E.C.D. Auto Design. At the meeting, there were 5,089,203 shares of common stock, representing approximately 76.82% of the issued and outstanding shares of common stock, present. In connection with the meeting, the company’s stockholders holding 3,470,945 shares,...
Legato Merger Corp. III (NYSE:LEGT) filed for a $175 million IPO yesterday afternoon, becoming the fourth SPAC to file this week. While the other three SPACs that filed their S-1s earlier this week intend to pursue targets in the financial services and biotech industries, Legato III, similar to the earlier Legato SPACs, will focus on...
At the SPAC of Dawn This week ends with an unusually busy earnings calendar as 172 US-listed companies report quarterly figures today. Among them is Exela Technologies (NASDSAQ:XELA), which completed a combination with Quinpario 2 in 2017. The billing software company has gone on to do another SPAC deal on November 29, this time spinning...