Artisan (NASDAQ:ARTA) announced this afternoon that its shareholders have voted to approve its combination with genomic and diagnostic testing company Prenetics Group Limited in a special meeting held yesterday.
Although today’s 8-K filing did not disclose redemption numbers, ARTA traded above its trust value throughout its redemption deadline May 5, and saw a high of $10.10 yesterday.
A total of 28,205,766, or 64.22%, of Artisan’s issued and outstanding ordinary shares were present at yesterday’s special meeting. The business combination was overwhelmingly approved with 27,309,556 votes in favor of the transaction, and just 895,867 against it.
The SPAC recently made several amendments to the deal which covered a range of agreements, including the business combination, the sponsor agreement, the PIPE subscription, deeds of novation and forward purchase agreements (FPA), the sponsor agreement, and the shareholder support agreement.
The parties expect to close the deal on Wednesday, May 18, 2022. The combined company’s shares and warrants are expected to begin trading on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbols “PRE” and “PRENW,” respectively, on Wednesday, May 18, 2022.
Artisan initially announced its $1.25 billion combination with Prenetics on September 15, 2021. Hong Kong-based Prenetics is a global leader in genomic and diagnostic testing that is decentralizing healthcare with a focus on prevention, diagnostics and personalized care.
- UBS Securities LLC is acting as sole financial advisor and exclusive capital markets advisor to Artisan.
- Citigroup Global Markets Asia Limited is acting as sole financial advisor to Prenetics.
- UBS Securities LLC, Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC and China International Capital Corporation Hong Kong Securities Limited are serving as placement agents on the PIPE.
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP is serving as international legal counsel, and Mourant is serving as Cayman legal counsel, to Prenetics.
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP is serving as international legal counsel, and Appleby is serving as Cayman legal counsel, to Artisan.
- Shearman & Sterling LLP is serving as international counsel to the placement agents.
- KPMG LLP is serving as the auditor to Prenetics.
An In-Depth Look at SPAC Activity Throughout the Third Quarter of 2023 Below is a summary of the year-to-date SPAC performance. We’re now three-quarters of the way through 2023 and while activity remains muted, there is a sense that SPACs have run the most difficult part of the “correction” gauntlet and have reached a better...
Terms Tracker for the Week Ending September 29, 2023 Welcome to our weekly column where we discuss the findings from our IPO terms tracker based on the previous week’s pricings. As September comes to a close, SPACs did not price any IPOs during the month with the most recent IPO (99 Acquisition Group) having priced...
Athena Consumer Acquisition Corp. (NYSE:ACAQ) announced this afternoon that its stockholders approved its combination with German EV-maker e.GO at a special meeting held earlier today. Additionally, Athena Consumer’s warrant proposal to convert all outstanding warrants to 0.175 shares in the combined company was also approved. A total of 884,880 shares of Athena Class A Common...
October is set to be a quiet month for lock-up expirations with only four de-SPACs and four sponsors now open to trade their shares for the first time. The first customer is Bitdeer Technologies. Its shareholders and the Blue Safari sponsor both stand to gain the most out of this group from moving some of...
Graf Acquisition Corp. IV (NYSE:GFOR) announced in an 8-K this afternoon that its shareholders approved its combination with NKGen Biotech at a special meeting September 25. A total of 3,386,528 shares were redeemed in connection with the vote, leaving Graf IV with about $27.6 million in the tank and a final redemption rate of 84.3%....