The Latest SPAC News and Rumors: July 7, 2023
by Marlena Haddad on 2023-07-07 at 11:46am

Below is a daily summary of links to the latest SPAC news and rumors gathered across the web. 

Latest SPAC News: Next.e.GO Mobile SE secures $75M financing, FC Barcelona plans to list its digital unit on Nasdaq via SPAC, and VinFast said to plan 3Q Nasdaq listing

Next.e.GO Mobile SE Secures $75 Million Financing

 Next.e.GO Mobile SE, an innovative producer of urban battery electric vehicles and unique production technology, today announced the successful closing of a $75 million fixed interest rate debt financing from Western Asset, one of the world’s leading fixed-income asset management institutions. The net proceeds of the financing will be used to help e.GO continue executing on its business strategy, with a particular focus on production of the e.wave X model as well as its global growth leveraging its proprietary MicroFactory.

As previously announced, e.GO has entered into a definitive agreement for a business combination with Athena Consumer Acquisition Corp.  (NYSE: ACAQ), a publicly-traded special purpose acquisition company that would result in e.GO and Athena becoming a subsidiary of Next.e.GO B.V. to be publicly listed on the NYSE under the new ticker symbol “EGOX”.


FC Barcelona plans to list digital unit on Nasdaq via SPAC

Spanish soccer club FC Barcelona plans to list its digital unit Barca Media on the Nasdaq Stock Market through the creation of a SPAC, newspaper Expansion reported on Friday citing unidentified market sources.

The plan, which involves Swiss private equity fund Mountain Partners, is still in an ‘initial phase’ and the IPO would happen at the end of this year if it ever proceeds, Expansion reported.

FC Barcelona would keep an 80% stake in Barca Media, while the SPAC would own the remaining 20%. The transaction would value the unit at around 1 billion euros ($1.09 billion), Expansion said.


Vietnam’s VinFast Said To Plan Third Quarter Nasdaq Listing

Vietnamese electric-vehicle maker VinFast plans to list its shares on the Nasdaq Global Select Market during the third quarter after merging with a SPAC.

A company representative said that VinFast and Black Spade Acquisition Co. will discuss and decide whether to list VinFast on the New York Stock Exchange or Nasdaq and will announce more information about the listing at the appropriate time.

VinFast had said in May that it will list in the US by merging with SPAC company Black Spade in the second half of this year.


Recent Posts
by Marlena Haddad on 2023-11-29 at 5:07pm

CF Acquisition Corp. VIII (NASDAQ:CFFE) announced this afternoon that it has completed its combination with B2B software firm Exela. Although shareholders had previously approved the deal during a special meeting on August 24, no specific timeline for its next steps had been disclosed at that time. Additionally, a proposal was passed at the meeting to change...

by Nicholas Alan Clayton on 2023-11-29 at 11:13am

DUET Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ:DUET) has signed a business combination agreement with social media firm Fenix 360 at an enterprise value of $610 million. Singapore-based Fenix 360 is developing an app-based social media platform designed for artists to better engage with fans and monetize interactions. The combined company is expected to trade on the Nasdaq once...

by Marlena Haddad on 2023-11-29 at 8:21am

PROOF Acquisition Corp I (NYSE: PACI) announced this morning that its shareholders have approved its business combination with private aviation company Volato at a special meeting held on November 28. Approximately 97% of the votes cast at the meeting were cast in favor of the approval of the deal. The SPAC did not disclose redemption...

by Nicholas Alan Clayton on 2023-11-29 at 7:54am

At the SPAC of Dawn Filings after the bell yesterday provided another three-liquidation day for SPACs bringing this week’s tally to four and extending a streak of five straight weeks with four to five liquidations each week. With 178 SPACs having announced a liquidation so far in 2023, the year’s total number could well exceed...

by Marlena Haddad on 2023-11-28 at 10:03am

Plum Acquisition Corp. I (NASDAQ:PLMI) has entered into a definitive agreement to combine with digital transformation company Veea for a total enterprise value of approximately $281 million. New York City-based Veea aims to simplify secure edge computing by improving application responsiveness, reducing bandwidth and data transport costs, and eliminating central cloud dependency. The parties expect the transaction to be...


Copyright © 2023 SPACInsider, Inc. All Rights Reserved