At the SPAC of Dawn
Any play in the commercial property market appears set to be a buy-low opportunity for some time as real estate lender New York Community Bancorp (NYSE:NYCB) saw its bonds downgraded to junk and European and Asian banks show signs of the same contagion. Still, of all the times to start a WeWork reclamation project, now would appear to be an odd one.
Nonetheless, as noted below, WeWork’s founder has reportedly been eyeing a return to the market since at least December by scooping up the assets of his beleaguered former behemoth in the co-working space. Serial sponsor Barry Sternlicht, who has backed the JAWS family of SPACs, predicted that major write-downs of losses are coming across the asset class as the anticipated return of American workers to offices has not fully occurred.
Don’t forget to participate in our latest Let’s Settle This poll: Will Digital World (NASDAQ:DWAC) actually complete its combination with Trump Media & Technology Group this year? Record your prediction HERE.
Deals and Funding
- Perception Capital Corp. III (NASDAQ:PFTA) has entered into a definitive agreement to combine with clean energy company RBio Energy for about $350 million in equity consideration. Perception III has about $40.7 million in trust after seeing 84.9% of shares redeemed at a July extension vote.
- EVe Mobility Acquisition Corp (NYSE:EVE) has agreed to sell control of its sponsor and most of its economics to Blufire Capital in exchange for the new sponsor taking on certain liabilities and costs incurred by the SPAC. Bluefire is to receive 6,320,667 Class A shares and will convert $425,000 of working capital notes owed to the sponsor into shares at the close of any potential business combination. Jesvin Kaur of Think Tree Advisory has been appointed COO and the SPAC’s existing executive team will be replaced.
News and Rumors
- Crain’s: WeWork (OTC:WEWKQ) former founder Adam Neumann has been working with an investor group to potentially buy the co-working company out of bankruptcy. WeWork combined with BowX in October 2021.
- TechCrunch: Intuitive Machines ( LUNR) has set Valentine’s Day as the window for the launch of its first lunar mission. The space venture, which combined with Inflection Point in February 2023, has developed a lunar lander that NASA has selected in a $118 million contract to deliver six payloads to the Moon’s surface.
- PR: Royalty Management (NASDAQ:RMCO) has acquired a perpetual royalty stream from a Jamaican mine, which is expected to produce titanium dioxide, iron ore and vanadium after permitting is completed. Royalty Management combined with American Acquisition Opportunity in October 2023.
- Sizzle Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ:SZZL) has pushed its completion vote with European Lithium once again to 10 am ET February 15 from February 9 in order for the parties to continue engaging with potential investors.
SK Growth (NASDAQ:SKGR) has entered into a definitive agreement to combine with digital investment platform Webull at an enterprise value of $7.3 billion. New York-based Webull provides an equities trading and education platform to about 20 million cumulative users. The combined company is expected to trade on the Nasdaq once the deal is completed in...
News and Rumors PR: Hillsinai Learning, which serves about 500,000 students across 40 schools and 5,000 partner schools, has hired iLearningEngines to build its AI learning automation platform. iLearningEngines has a pending combination with Arrowroot (NASDAQ:ARRW). SpaceNews: Virgin Galactic (NYSE:SPCE) does not expect any delays on its Galactic 07 mission to take passengers into space...
Aetherium Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ:GMFI) has entered into a definitive agreement to combine with Capital A (KL:5099), the parent company of the AirAsia airline at an estimated transaction value of $1.15 billion. Kuala Lumpur-based Capital A owns the AirAsia regional airline as well as subsidiaries in logistics, payments and loyalty. Transaction Overview Aetherium has an estimated...
At the SPAC of Dawn NVIDIA’s (NASDAQ:NVDA) market cap is about 10% of the entire Nasdaq, so the notion that its own rise would float many boats is something of a given. But, it has also been specifically instrumental in the recent gains by a number of de-SPACs in the AI technology space. Soundhound (NASDAQ:SOUN)...
News and Rumors MarketWatch: Benchmark analyst Josh Sullivan said he believes the Moon landing by Inflection Point‘s Intuitive Machines (NASDAQ:LUNR) will be a catalyst for more investment in the commercial space industry, which has been cash-strapped in recent years. PR: Securities and crypto trading platform Coincheck, which has a pending combination with Thunder Bridge IV,...