Acquiring at an Enterprise Value of INR 14.5 billion (approximately US $212 million)
Constellation Alpha Capital Corp., a SPAC focused on the healthcare services sector in India, announced late Thursday evening that it has executed a definitive agreement to acquire Medall Healthcare Private Limited (“Medall”), a leading integrated pathology and radiology company located in India. Constellation Alpha is acquiring Medall at an enterprise value of INR 14.5 billion (approximately US $212 million based on an assumed USD/INR exchange rate of US $1.00 to INR 68.4).
Constellation is expected to be the only India-focused healthcare services company to be publicly listed outside of India.
Full details of the transaction have not yet been filed (only a press release), however, Constellation will host an investor conference call to discuss the transaction on August 3, 2018 at 1:00 p.m. EDT.
- Dial: 1-877-870-4263 toll free in the U.S. or 1-412-317-0790 internationally.
- A replay of the call will be available beginning August 6, 2018 on Constellation’s website at www.ConstellationAlpha.com/ir.
- Constellation Health Holdings (“Holdco”), a wholly owned Singapore subsidiary of Constellation, will acquire 93% of the outstanding shares of Medall at the closing for approximately US$166 million in cash (based on an assumed USD/INR exchange rate of US$1.00 to INR 68.4).
- The remainder of the outstanding shares of Medall to be acquired on June 30, 2019.
- The transaction will be funded by a combination of cash held in trust by Constellation and new indebtedness.
- Constellation will be renamed Constellation Healthcare Corp. and is anticipated to trade on the NASDAQ Capital Market under the ticker symbol “COHC”.
- The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2018.
- Constellation was advised on the transaction by Cowen and Company and Edelweiss Financial Services Limited
- Medall is advised by Moelis & Co.
- Greenberg Traurig, LLP and Khaitan and Co acted as legal counsel to Constellation
- Luthra & Luthra acted as legal counsel to Medall
Below is a daily summary of links to the latest SPAC news and rumors gathered across the web. Latest SPAC Liquidations: NightDragon, VectoIQ II, and Fortistar Sustainable Solutions Corp. Night Dragon Acquisition Corp. Will Redeem Its Public Shares and Will Not Consummate an Initial Business Combination NightDragon Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: NDAC) anticipates that the last trading day...
Lakeshore Acquisition I Corp. (NASDAQ:LAAA) disclosed this afternoon that its shareholders have approved its business combination with medical device company ProSomnus during a special meeting held earlier today. Approximately 92.4% of the votes cast at the meeting on the business combination proposal, representing approximately 80.5% of Lakeshore’s outstanding shares, voted to approve the deal. The SPAC disclosed...
Below is a daily summary of links to the latest SPAC news and rumors gathered across the web. Latest SPAC News: Embark director Elaine Chao and others sued over SPAC merger, Alvotech switches CEO and takes COO from Teva, and Uber Freight and Aurora expand pilot Embark Director Elaine Chao, Others Sued Over SPAC...
SPACInsider contributors Anthony Sozzi and Sam Beattie this week compiled their three favorite potential SPAC targets among potential targets in the security industry. We look at why they are compelling and why each could be a fit for a blank-check merger. Security is on the market’s mind and is expected to grow at a CAGR...
Below is a daily summary of links to the latest SPAC news and rumors gathered across the web. Latest SPAC Liquidations: Atlas Crest Investment II and One Equity Partners Open Water I Atlas Crest Investment Corp. II to Liquidate Trust Atlas Crest II’s (NYSE:ACII) board and shareholders have agreed to establish today, December 1, 2022,...