Easterly and Sirius to Combine in an All Stock Transaction for a Pro Forma Market Cap of $2.2 Billion
Easterly Acquisition Corp, a SPAC focused on the financial services sector, announced this morning it has entered into a definitive agreement and plan of merger with Sirius International Insurance Group, Ltd., a global multi-line insurance and reinsurance group. The all-stock transaction is expected to produce a pro forma equity value of $2.2 billion for the combined company.
Sirius Group provides multi-line insurance and reinsurance in over 140 countries with gross written premiums of $1.4 billion in 2017.
Easterly originally IPO’d back for $200 million back in July of 2015, so we’re coming up on three years now that it has been trying close on a combination. However, Easterly has still managed to hang on to $155 million cash in trust. No easy feat. Read below for the transaction details.
- Easterly’s common stock to be exchanged for Sirius Group’s common shares at a price of 1.05x Sirius Group’s pro forma diluted GAAP book value per share as of June 30, 2018.
- Current Easterly stockholders will own approximately 7% of the combined company immediately following the Merger
- Sirius also intends to execute a PIPE, but no details on size as of yet.
- The Easterly Sponsors will surrender for cancellation (and for no consideration) between 3,328,000 and 4,528,000 of Easterly’s Founders Shares. As a reminder, the Sponsors currently hold a total of 5,000,000 Founders Shares.
- The final amount to be surrendered for cancellation will be determined based on the amount of cash in the Trust Account post-redemptions and the amount raised in the PIPE of Sirius Common Shares.
SPONSOR PRIVATE PLACEMENT WARRANTS
- The Easterly Sponsors will also be surrendering for cancellation (and for no consideration) ALL 6,750,000 Private Placement Warrants that were purchased for $1.00 at the time of the IPO.
- Assuming that Easterly’s stockholders approve the extension period at the shareholder vote on June 28th, Sirius Group has agreed to lend to Easterly $0.03 per month through the extension period for each public share that is not redeemed.
- Easterly’s current pro rata per share of the Trust is estimated to be $10.31
- If the transaction does not close until November, this means the pro rata trust value could potentially be $10.46 at the time of the shareholder vote.
- The loan will be forgiven if the Merger does not close by November 30, 2018.
- Sirius Group is being represented by Sidley Austin LLP
- Easterly is being represented by Hogan Lovells US LLP
FG Merger III Corp. filed for a $150 million IPO yesterday afternoon, marking the third SPAC to file on Wednesday. Similar to Blue Room (NASDAQ:IBLUU), which filed its $200 million IPO yesterday morning, FG Merger III intends to focus its search for a target business in the financial services industry in North America. Notably, FG...
10X Capital Venture Acquisition Corp. II (NASDAQ:VCXA) announced that it has completed its business combination with African Agriculture after shareholders approved the deal at a special meeting held on December 5. In connection with the meeting, 10X II received redemption requests for 1,857,033 Class A ordinary shares, representing 98.7% in aggregate redemptions since 10X II’s...
At the SPAC of Dawn The latter half of 2023 has largely told a story of retrenchment in the SPAC market as much of the excess in the domain has found itself terminating and liquidating. But, the increase in outgoing has not completely canceled out the boom in incoming as three new SPACs filed to...
TechyBird Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ:TKBD) filed for a $60 million IPO today, putting it in line to become the second 2023 IPO from an underwriter that is relatively new to the SPAC space. That underwriter, Spartan Capital Securities, brought Aimei Health Technology (NASDAQ:AFJK) to market last week with similar terms as this new member to its...
Blue Room Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ:IBLUU) submitted its S-1 filing this morning for a $200 million IPO. The new SPAC has set its sights on targets in the financial sector, ranging in market value between $250 million and $500 million, and primarily situated in the U.S. Its primary objective is to identify an innovative company leveraging...