The Transaction includes a fully-committed equity capital commitment of up to $125 million from Nomura Securities International, Inc.
Hennessy Capital Acquisition Corp. III, Daniel Hennessy’s third SPAC focused on the industrial sector, announced this morning it has entered into a definitive agreement and to acquire NRC Group Holdings, a portfolio company of private equity firm, J.F. Lehman & Co. The proposed transaction has an anticipated initial enterprise value of approximately $748 million.
NRC Group is a global provider of comprehensive environmental, compliance and waste management services to the marine and rail transportation, general industrial and energy markets.
The transaction has a lot of moving parts to it, so we’ve tried to simplify the details and provide an outline below. Additionally, there will be an investor conference call tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. Eastern time:
Toll-free dial-in number: (877) 407-0789
International dial-in number: (201) 689-8562
Conference ID: 13681067
- The dollar amount remaining in the Company’s trust account after redemptions
- The amount raised in connection with the PIPE Investment (see below), which amount is expected to be $100.0 million
- The amount raised if the Company conducts a private placement pursuant to the Backstop Commitment (see below)
- The amount raised, if any, pursuant to the JFL Subscription Agreement (see below)
- Minus the Company’s expenses incurred in connection with the proposed Business Combination;
- Shares equal to Total Purchase Price minus the Cash Component
- $75.0 million of the Hennessy III’s Series A Convertible Cumulative Preferred Stock, plus an additional $25.0 million of additional Preferred Stock and/or Hennessy III’s common stock in a private placement.
- Additionally, Hennessy III has received commitments from Nomura (the Backstop. See below) to purchase up to $25.0 million of Company common stock through open market or privately negotiated transactions with third parties
BACKSTOP – Nomura Securities International, Inc.
- Nomura has agreed to purchase:
- Up to $25.0 million worth of shares of Company common stock
- Nomura will purchase the shares through open market or privately negotiated transactions with third parties (including forward contracts), and/or a private placement at a purchase price of $10.25 per share of Company common stock.
- $75.0 million worth of Preferred Stock (subject to a possible increase of up to an additional $25.0 million if the Company is unable to enter into one or more backstop and/or subscription agreements prior to the Closing)
JFL SUBSCRIPTION AGREEMENT
- The JFL Subscription Agreement provides that JFLCo or one or more of its affiliated investment funds may elect to purchase:
- Up to 300,000 shares of Preferred Stock for a per share price of $97.00
- Up to 1,951,220 shares of Company common stock for a per share price of $10.25
- An additional number of shares of Company common stock as determined in accordance with the terms of the JFL Subscription Agreement
FOUNDERS SHARES AND PRIVATE PLACEMENT WARRANTS
- The Sponsors of Hennessy III will forfeit and cancel 1,920,000 founder shares
- Exchange 9,600,000 outstanding private placement warrants for 1,920,000 newly issued shares of Company common stock.
ESTIMATED REDEMPTION PRICE
- Based on funds in the trust account of approximately $261.3 million on June 21, 2018, the estimated per share redemption price would have been approximately $10.18
- HCAC was advised on the transaction by Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC and Stifel as capital markets advisors
- Nomura Securities International, Inc. as financial advisor and committed equity financing provider
- Sidley Austin LLP and Ellenoff Grossman & Schole LLP as legal counsel.
Below is a daily summary of links to the latest SPAC news and rumors gathered across the web. Latest SPAC Liquidations: NightDragon, VectoIQ II, and Fortistar Sustainable Solutions Corp. Night Dragon Acquisition Corp. Will Redeem Its Public Shares and Will Not Consummate an Initial Business Combination NightDragon Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: NDAC) anticipates that the last trading day...
Lakeshore Acquisition I Corp. (NASDAQ:LAAA) disclosed this afternoon that its shareholders have approved its business combination with medical device company ProSomnus during a special meeting held earlier today. Approximately 92.4% of the votes cast at the meeting on the business combination proposal, representing approximately 80.5% of Lakeshore’s outstanding shares, voted to approve the deal. The SPAC disclosed...
Below is a daily summary of links to the latest SPAC news and rumors gathered across the web. Latest SPAC News: Embark director Elaine Chao and others sued over SPAC merger, Alvotech switches CEO and takes COO from Teva, and Uber Freight and Aurora expand pilot Embark Director Elaine Chao, Others Sued Over SPAC...
SPACInsider contributors Anthony Sozzi and Sam Beattie this week compiled their three favorite potential SPAC targets among potential targets in the security industry. We look at why they are compelling and why each could be a fit for a blank-check merger. Security is on the market’s mind and is expected to grow at a CAGR...
Below is a daily summary of links to the latest SPAC news and rumors gathered across the web. Latest SPAC Liquidations: Atlas Crest Investment II and One Equity Partners Open Water I Atlas Crest Investment Corp. II to Liquidate Trust Atlas Crest II’s (NYSE:ACII) board and shareholders have agreed to establish today, December 1, 2022,...