Matlin & Partners and U.S. Well Services to Combine for a Total Enterprise Value of $588 Million
Matlin & Partners Acquisition Corp. (“MPAC”), announced this morning it has entered into a merger and contribution agreement with U.S. Well Services, LLC (“USWS”’), a technology-oriented oilfield service company focused exclusively on hydraulic fracturing services for the oil and gas industry. The transaction values USWS at 2.6x 2019 projected adjusted EBITDA, implying a discount of 32% to publicly traded peers.
Current cash held in trust is $327.2 million and MPAC is estimating cash at closing will be $329 with accrued interest. Read below for additional transaction details.
The conference call to discuss the proposed business combination is being held today, at 11:00 a.m. Eastern time Dial: (866) 610-1072 and refer to audience passcode 6498027.
A replay will be available until July 30th: dial (800) 585-8367 and reference audience passcode 6498027.
- Existing USWS equity owners receive rollover equity consideration equivalent to ~34% of the pro forma combined company
- Cash held in Trust – $329 million estimated at closing to repay USWS Term Loan and Revolving Credit Facility and fund fleet expansion
- $135 million PIPE at $10.00 per share to fund fleet expansion. Led by Crestview Partners.
- The MPAC Sponsors will surrender for cancellation (and for no consideration) 2,000,000 of MPAC’s Founders Shares. As a reminder, the Sponsors currently hold a total of 8,125,000 Founders Shares.
SPONSOR PRIVATE PLACEMENT WARRANTS
- The MPAC Sponsors will also be surrendering for cancellation (and for no consideration) 1,870,968 Private Placement Warrants that were purchased for $0.50 at the time of the IPO. (MPAC Sponsors currently hold 14,500,000 warrants)
- Cantor currently hold 1,000,000 Sponsor warrants and will also be cancelling 129,032 of them.
- MPAC was advised on the business combination by Cantor Fitzgerald & Co.
- Piper Jaffray & Co., through its Simmons & Company International division, acted as financial advisor.
- Bracewell LLP as legal counsel to MPAC.
- Winston & Strawn LLP acted as legal advisors to USWS.
- Vinson & Elkins L.L.P. acted as legal counsel to Crestview.
Plum Acquisition Corp. I (NASDAQ:PLMI) has entered into a definitive agreement to combine with digital transformation company Veea for a total enterprise value of approximately $281 million. New York City-based Veea aims to simplify secure edge computing by improving application responsiveness, reducing bandwidth and data transport costs, and eliminating central cloud dependency. The parties expect the transaction to be...
L Catterton Asia (NASDAQ:LCAA) announced this morning that it has upsized the committed financing in its combination with EV sports car maker Lotus to $870 million in total. The latest fuel injection comes in the form of $750 million in convertible notes and PIPE commitments under so far undisclosed terms. Counted purely as a PIPE,...
At the SPAC of Dawn SPAC closing timelines can always be somewhat unpredictable, but PROOF I (NYSE:PACI) has the opportunity today to vie for a recent speed record today. It announced a combination with private aviation firm Volato 118 days ago on August 2 and its shareholders are set to vote to approve the combination...
Dune Acquisition Corporation (NASDAQ:DUNE) announced in an 8-K today that it has once again modified its agreement with sustainable energy firm Global Hydrogen. This amendment marks a reduction in Global Hydrogen’s equity value from $48 million to $43 million, alongside an increase in the available shares of common stock that is for the Global Gas Corporation...
At the SPAC of Dawn After mixed signals for the consumer sector earlier this month, initial Black Friday sales numbers have shown that Americans were not too stuffed for a shopping spree this year. Shoppers bagged between $9.8 billion and $10 billion in goods online, depending on one’s preferred source, either of which would be...