If you missed yesterday’s broadcast of the SPAC Webinar on the State of the SPAC IPO Market, use the following links to access the replay:
CLICK HERE for REPLAY LINK
Gateway to Host SPAC Webinar Today, June 17, 2020
The webinar will bring together experienced leaders in the SPAC asset class to discuss the current IPO market with the majority of the allotted time devoted to live Q&A.
Topics of the panel will center around IPO issuance with an emphasis on the recent explosive growth in the SPAC product, including:
- Is the IPO shareholder base changing? Who is investing in SPACs today and what is their motivation?
- Innovations in IPO structure and will the ¼ warrant make a comeback?
- Do forward purchase agreements or other forms of committed capital matter?
- What makes for a strong SPAC sponsor – repeat issuers versus first-time sponsors?
- Are targeted sectors considered more attractive to SPAC investors versus generalist SPACs?
Panelists will include two experienced investment bankers, a legal professional and a leading asset manager that is active in SPAC investments. Confirmed panelists include:
- Carlos Alvarez, Head of Specialty Finance & Permanent Capital, UBS
- Christopher Weekes, Managing Director, Cowen and Company
- Richard Bilotti, Partner & Portfolio Manager for Global Special Situations, P. Schoenfeld Asset Management LP
- Christian Nagler, Partner, Kirkland & Ellis
- Kristi Marvin, Founder, SPACInsider
- Cody Slach, Senior Managing Director & Head of SPAC Practice, Gateway IR
Click HERE to register.
Terms Tracker for the Week Ending November 24, 2023 Welcome to our weekly column where we discuss the findings from our IPO terms tracker based on the previous week’s pricings. This being the Thanksgiving holiday week, we are thankful for a lot of things, but mostly that 2023 is almost over. It’s been a rough...
At the SPAC of Dawn Though perhaps stuffed to the brim, SPAC activity continues this Thanksgiving Friday with votes by Clean Earth and Zalatoris to extend a deadline and amend trust contributions, respectively. At least seven de-SPACs are also reporting earnings today and will do so going into a futures market that is mostly green...
IB Acquisition Corp. submitted its S-1 filing Friday afternoon for a $100 million IPO, coming right on the heels of Bayview Acquisition Corp, which also filed its S-1 that day. IB is also similar to Bayview in that its units do not feature a warrant but include 1 right for 1/10. However, its trust is slightly...
Integrated Wellness (NYSE:WEL) announced in an 8-K filing that it agreed to transfer control of its sponsor to Sriram Associates, which will now take on the SPAC’s financial obligations and may appoint a new team. Sriram is acquiring 2,012,500 promote shares (70%) and 4,795,000 private placement warrants (70%) for the nominal purchase price of $1....
At the SPAC of Dawn So far, seven SPACs have announced their liquidations this week and although some others may choose to use the holiday to quietly disband, this tends to be a positive week for equities in general. Going back to 1961, the S&P 500 has ended the Thanksgiving week with gains three-quarters of...